The Jeffery Hale Minor Emergency Clinic offers services to residents of the Québec City region. Health professionals and physicians work together to provide the right service for each client's needs, while taking into account their language and cultural backgrounds.
Any person with a health problem that is not life-threatening but still requires care within 24 to 48 hours can use this clinic.
The Jeffery Hale Minor Emergency Clinic does not offer medical follow-up. It responds to specific needs that require immediate consultation.
Diagnostic services, such as radiology and lab tests, are also available to meet needs related to the reason for consultation.
Reasons for Consultation
- Animal bite;
- Dorsalgia (back pain);
- Emergency treatment requiring the care of a professional (nurse, IPS, physiotherapist and pharmacist) or a physician within 48 hours;
- Epistaxis (nosebleeds);
- Flu-like syndrome;
- Gastrointestinal problems;
- Hyperthermia (fever);
- Intravenous rehydration;
- Mild respiratory difficulties;
- Mild to moderate abdominal pain;
- Mild to moderate headache;
- Minor rash and burns;
- Minor surgery (wound repair, abscess drainage, onyxectomies, foreign body removal, cyst removal, shaving of lesions with or without pedicles);
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Ophthalmic problems (eye problems);
- Orthopedic trauma without deformity;
- Otalgia (ear pain);
- Splinting or other immobilization required;
- Upper respiratory tract infection;
- Urinary problems.
Address and opening hours
Jeffery Hale Minor Emergency Clinic
1250, chemin Sainte-Foy, first floor (main door), Quebec
Open 7 days a week, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
No appointment required
To reach us
Dial 418-684-JEFF (5333), then dial 0.