With deep roots in the Greater Québec City English-speaking community and a long tradition of caring, Jeffery Hale – Saint Brigid’s is a public, bilingual institution under participatory governance dedicated to providing safe, compassionate, and high-quality care.
Together with its partners in the health and social services network and in the community, Jeffery Hale – Saint Brigid’s makes a positive contribution to the health and wellbeing of the population it serves by delivering primary community and general services for all age groups and a variety of services for people experiencing a loss of autonomy.
Jeffery Hale – Saint Brigid’s plays a pivotal role in supporting a vibrant English-speaking community. It spearheads joint initiatives that help the community thrive and promote the health and wellbeing of its members.
Our institution operates a residential and long-term care centre (CHSLD) and provides hospital and community services.
Services for seniors with reduced autonomy (in English and French):
- 241 long-term care beds (142 at Saint Brigid’s Home and 99 at Jeffery Hale)
- 26 community geriatrics beds, including 15 palliative care beds. We also provide specialized consultations in geriatrics and geriatric psychiatry.
General services for all age groups (in English and French):
- Minor emergency, diagnostic (imaging and testing), and outpatient services.
Community services for all age groups, primarily in English:
- Community services, including services for youth and families, mental health services, homecare for seniors, and a day centre
- Community support, including community organization services, partnerships with volunteer organizations serving English speakers, and volunteer development
Our vision and strategic plan
Building on a strong community tradition of caring, Jeffery Hale – Saint Brigid’s is a bilingual health institution fully committed to providing quality, safe, and compassionate care.
Our code of ethics
The CIUSSS de la Capitale-Nationale’s code of ethics reflects Jeffery Hale – Saint Brigid’s commitment to providing quality care consistent with its users’ values. Read the code of ethics on the website of CIUSSS de la Capitale-Nationale.
For more information about what Jeffery Hale – Saint Brigid’s is doing, write to us.