There is no more important job than being a parent. Jeffery Hale Community Services offers a range of services to support English-speaking parents of children aged 5 and under and help them connect with other English-speaking parents in the area.
- Agir tôt (act early) - The program is for children aged 0 to 5 and their families. This program aims to identify delays in a young child’s growth so that they can get the right support services early on. The program could help you and your child aged 0 to 5 if you have concerns about the way they understand language or speak, how they walk, jump, or pick up things (motor skills), how they sleep, or how they express their emotions or act around others. Contact us for more information (see below).
- Vaccination clinic– Help protect your child against certain serious illnesses by having them vaccinated.
- Prenatal clinic – The prenatal clinic is a great place to discuss with a nurse your concerns and needs about pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and taking your baby home. At the clinic, a nurse will perform the blood tests you need during pregnancy and give you a copy of the “From Tiny Tot to Toddler” guide.
- Ma grossesse service - Are you pregnant? Do you need help finding a doctor to follow your pregnancy? The Ma grossesse (my pregnancy) service can help you access the information and professionals you need. After you sign up at this central registry and request services in English, you should be referred to our perinatal team for follow up.
- Prenatal information meetings – See the Prenatal information meetings page. You can also find prenatal information here:
- From Tiny Tot to Toddler guide
- Naître et grandir
- Les Accompagnantes (in French only)
- Screening for postpartum depression – The arrival of a newborn is a big change in a woman’s life, sometimes with unexpected and not always positive effects. Our perinatal nurse has a quick ten-question survey for new moms to make sure everything is going well. If necessary, the nurse can provide specialized help at follow-up visits. Read more by opening our "Baby Blues" pamphlet.
- Services from specialized educators and social workers – Is your child’s behaviour a problem? Our team of specialized educators and social workers can help you by offering support, tools, and advice to improve your parenting skills. Please also visit the website of the CIUSSS de la Capitale-Nationale for more information about another service called the Triple P Program (offered in French only at this time).
- Speech therapy – If you are concerned about your child’s language development, we can refer you to the right resource.
To contact us
You can reach the central phone reception at any time by calling 418-684-JEFF (5333)/1-888-984-5333, ext. 0. To contact the Community Services reception desk or to request services, call 418-684-JEFF (5333)/1-888-984-5333, ext. 11805, or use the form on the Contact Us page.
Our hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If you need help outside of these hours, please call 811.