Jeffery Hale – Saint Brigid’s Hospital (JHSB) was created on April 1, 2007, with the merger of two institutions that, together, have over 300 years of history serving English speakers in the Capitale-Nationale region.
JHSB is committed to safe, compassionate, and high-quality care as a bilingual institution designated to provide all of its services in both French and English. We know that the right language can make a big difference on many levels:
- You’ll receive the right service at the right time
- Diagnoses are quicker and more accurate
- You’re more likely to follow the treatment plan
- Costs are lower
- Clients and providers report a higher level of satisfaction with care appointments
We have taken numerous steps to meet quality standards for language access and to make our English-speaking clients and their families feel welcome. Adopting an official language service policy has helped us:
- Develop detailed operational procedures in various sectors
- Create bilingual signage
- Maintain a fully bilingual telephone answering system
- Translate critical patient information, health education documents, and information about our institution
- Develop and review procedures for related matters such as recruiting, hiring, and assigning bilingual personnel
- Assess and develop the English language skills of personnel and volunteers
For more information, we invite you to read our Service Language Policy (in French).
To contact us
For more information about the Service Language Policy, please use the form on the Contact Us page.