Seasonal Flu Vaccination 2022-2023
The seasonal flu vaccination campaign is underway in the Portneuf, Quebec City and Charlevoix regions.It is possible to book an appointment now.
- Who can get the flu vaccine?
- Book your appointment
- Vaccine Co-Administration (Influenza/Pneumococcus or Influenza/COVID-19)
- Vaccination at the pharmacy
- Instructions to follow during the vaccination process
- Proximity vaccination in certain environments (informations in french only)
Who can get the flu vaccine?
The flu vaccine is recommended and offered free of charge to people who are at higher risk of complications:
- People aged from 6 months to 74 years who have certain chronic diseases (including pregnant women, regardless of the trimester)
- Pregnant women, in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of their pregnancy
- People aged 75 and over.
To reduce the risk of infecting others, the flu vaccine is also offered free of charge to:
- Family members who live in the same household as a child under 6 months of age or a person at higher risk of being hospitalized, as well as their caregivers
- Health care workers
Book your appointment
- Go to clicsante.ca
- Select "Vaccination" category
- Choose the subcategory "Flu Vaccine (Influenza)"
- Follow the steps
By phone :
Those unable to book online are encouraged to call 418-651-2883 or 1-833-651-2883 (toll-free), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:45 p.m., excluding holidays.
It will be possible to obtain the pneumococcal vaccine at the same time as your seasonal influenza vaccine appointment at specific centers in the region, depending on capacity and eligibility. For the safety and smooth running of the vaccination, note that co-administration is offered according to the capacity of the vaccination centers, on targeted days.
Please note that the pneumococcal vaccine is recommended for people with chronic conditions and those 65 years of age and older.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and wish to take advantage of this opportunity, contact the appointment centre at 418 651-2883 or 1 833 651-2883 (toll free).
Please note: the COVID-19 vaccine is not available during flu vaccination sessions. To find out how to obtain co-administration of these two vaccines (COVID-19/Flu), contact the COVID-19 call centre at 418 644-4545 or 1 877 644-4545 (toll-free).
Vaccination at the pharmacy
Some pharmacies offer the vaccine free of charge. In many cases, it is possible to book an appointment with Clic Santé. Ask your pharmacist for more information.
Instructions to follow during the vaccination process
- Bring your health insurance card to facilitate the process;
- Wear a mask at all times;
- Wear a short-sleeved shirt to facilitate the vaccination;
- Do not attend your vaccination appointment if you have symptoms related to COVID-19. For more information, visit the Government of Quebec's website on coronavirus disease.
Do you have the flu?
- What to do? Where to go? (in French only)
For more information
For more information on flu vaccination, visit Québec.ca.