Seasonal Flu Vaccination 2022-2023
The seasonal flu vaccination campaign begins on October 5, 2022 in the Portneuf, Quebec and Charlevoix regions. It is possible to book an appointment now.
The Quebec Influenza Immunization Program (QIIP) offers the vaccine free of charge to people most at risk of complications from this infection, as well as to individuals who have frequent contact with them.
People with increased risk of complications due to age or health status :
- Persons aged 6 months to 74 years with a chronic disease or condition as indicated in the Quebec Immunization Protocol (QIP).
- People aged 75 years and older.
- Children and adolescents (less than 6 months to 17 years of age) undergoing extended treatment with acetylsalicylic acid.
- Residents of all ages in residential and long-term care settings and interim facilities.
- Pregnant women with a chronic disease or condition (the vaccine can be given at any stage of pregnancy).
- Healthy pregnant women in the second or third trimester of pregnancy (thirteen weeks or more).
- People with a chronic illness or condition who will be traveling to an area where influenza viruses are commonly found (tropical region: year-round; southern hemisphere: April to September).
Persons likely to transmit influenza to others at high risk of complications :
- People living in the same household as others in the above high-risk groups (including children aged 0 to 6 months who cannot be vaccinated) and those who care for them in their homes ( family caregivers).
- Health care workers (HCWs) who have extensive contact with people at high risk of complications. Priority for the program will be focused on vaccinating HCWs who provide direct care to patients in hospitals and long-term care facilities (CHSLDs).
- Go to clicsante.ca
- Select "Vaccination" category
- Choose the subcategory "Flu Vaccine (Influenza)"
- Follow the steps
By phone :
Those unable to book online are encouraged to call 418-651-2883 or 1-833-651-2883 (toll-free), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:45 p.m., excluding holidays.
Vaccine Co-Administration (Flu/Pneumococcal)
It will be possible to obtain the pneumococcal vaccine at the same time as your seasonal influenza vaccine appointment at specific centers in the region, depending on capacity and eligibility.
Please note that the pneumococcal vaccine is recommended for people with chronic conditions and those 65 years of age and older.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and wish to take advantage of this opportunity, contact the appointment centre at 418 651-2883 or 1 833 651-2883 (toll free).
Please note: the COVID-19 vaccine is not available during flu vaccination sessions. To find out how to obtain co-administration of these two vaccines (COVID-19/Flu), contact the COVID-19 call centre at 418 644-4545 or 1 877 644-4545 (toll-free).
Vaccination at the pharmacy
Some pharmacies offer the vaccine free of charge to the people mentioned. In many cases, it is possible to book an appointment with Clic Santé.
If you are not eligible for the free vaccination, but would like to get the vaccine, many pharmacies offer it for a fee. Ask your pharmacist for more information.
Instructions to follow during the vaccination process
- Bring your health insurance card to facilitate the process;
- Wear a mask at all times;
- Wear a short-sleeved shirt to facilitate the vaccination;
- Do not attend your vaccination appointment if you have symptoms related to COVID-19. For more information, visit the Government of Quebec's website on coronavirus disease.
Do you have the flu?
- What to do? Where to go? (in French only)
For more information
For more information on flu vaccination, visit Québec.ca.