Vaccination in the Capitale-Nationale region
This page is updated frequently. Some of its content may be only available in French while the translation is in progress.
The following groups are now being vaccinated :
- Adults (18 years of age and older).
- Adolescents from 12 to 17 years of age.
For all the details on vaccination in the province of Quebec : quebec.ca/covidvaccine
- Québec (Sans rendez-vous in french only)
- Charlevoix(Sans rendez-vous in french only)
- Portneuf (Sans rendez-vous in french only)
- Student Vaccination (CEGEPs and universities)
What is NotifVAX?
A mobile application for COVID-19 vaccination informing you when vaccine doses are available in your area.
How does it work?
- Download the app for free on the App Store or Google Play.
- Follow the steps to set up your interests.
- Receive real-time notifications.
For more details : www.notifvax.com
To make an appointment
Please note that making an appointment is mandatory for each person who wishes to receive a vaccine in our clinics in Portneuf, Quebec and Charlevoix.
- Click on “Make an appointment to be vaccinated”.
- The Clic Santé online reservation portal will open.
- In "Services" choose the option "COVID-19 vaccine" and then enter your postal code.
- Choose the COVID-19 vaccination clinic you want to go to.
- Tutorial for making an appointment online to get the COVID-19 vaccine : Download the document (PDF) or Watch the vidéo.
If you have difficulty making the reservation online, you can call 418 644-4545 or 1 877 644-4545 for assistance, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and weekends, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. An operator will help you make the online appointment.
To avoid waiting on the phone due to the high traffic, however, it is recommended that you book your appointment online. If necessary, seek help from family and friends.
Important: If you are not part of the group being vaccinated, do not call or go to the website to make an appointment for yourself. You will be notified when your age group can begin booking appointments.
Administration of the 2nd dose
The 2nd dose of COVID-19 vaccine is necessary. It provides optimal protection in the longer term. Administering the 2nd dose is important and will be offered to everyone. Although a shorter delay between the 1st and 2nd dose is accepted, public health recommends an interval of 4 weeks for the 2nd dose of Pfizer or Moderna and 8 weeks for the 2nd dose of AstraZeneca.
As part of the campaign “Your student card; a pass to get vaccinated! ", students from all higher education institutions (CEGEPs and universities) in the region are invited to come without an appointment. A course has been specially designed for them.
Anyone who presents their valid student card at the reception of the Laval University vaccination center, located in the Desjardins pavilion, can receive their first or second dose of vaccine immediately 7 days a week, from 6 a.m. to 8 : 30 p.m.
This initiative of the CIUSSS de la Capitale-Nationale, in collaboration with Laval University, targets young people aged 18 to 34*. By meeting their need for immediacy, they will be able to receive their two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine quickly and thus be able to experience a more normal back-to-school period.
Please note: This offer is valid for all students, including international students.
*People of all ages are accepted if they present their valid student card.
A simplified brochure is available to help you make an informed decision regarding the vaccination against COVID-19.
A video on informed consent is also available.
COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy
Are you hesitant about getting the COVID-19 vaccine? Do you have questions about getting the COVID-19 vaccine yourself or for a loved one for whom you are the support person or legal representative? Your questions are legitimate.
Visit this web page to support your reflection and help you decide.
Go to the page Proof of COVID-19 vaccination to find out more about the digital proof of vaccination that is offered in Québec.
People vaccinated against COVID-19 outside of the Quebec region will be able to register their vaccination in the Quebec Vaccination Register and receive their next dose in Quebec, if applicable. For more information, see the page Vaccination à l’extérieur du Québec : inscription au registre de vaccination (in french only)
Go to the page COVID-19 vaccination passport to find out more about this document.
VaxiCode and VaxiCode Verif applications
Two applications will be available and can be downloaded free of charge from the usual platforms.
VaxiCode (for the general public)
- Vidéo Youtube pour les citoyens (VaxiCode) - in french only
- Ajouter une preuve de vaccination dans VaxiCode -in french only
- Aide pour VaxiCode -in french only)
- Marche à suivre pour ajouter une preuve de vaccination dans l'application VaxiCode -in french only
VaxiCode Verif (for people who operate businesses or run activities )
- Poster for businesses - english and french
- Vidéo Youtube pour les entreprises (VaxiCode Verif) -in french only
- Aide pour VaxiCode Verif -in french only
To learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination
- Answers to your questions.
- Vaccination data.
- To learn more about the Quebec COVID-19 vaccination campaign