Vaccination in the Capitale-Nationale region
This page is updated frequently. Some of its content may be only available in French while the translation is in progress.
In this page :
- Walk-in vaccination
- To make an appointment
- Administration of the 2nd dose
- Administering an additional dose
- Informed consent
- COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy
- Proof of vaccination and passport
For more details on vaccination in the province of Quebec : quebec.ca/covidvaccine
- Québec (Sans rendez-vous in french only)
- Charlevoix(Sans rendez-vous in french only)
- Portneuf (Sans rendez-vous in french only)
Please note that making an appointment is mandatory for each person who wishes to receive a vaccine in our clinics in Portneuf, Quebec and Charlevoix.
- Click on “Make an appointment to be vaccinated”.
- The Clic Santé online reservation portal will open.
- In "Services" choose the option "COVID-19 vaccine" and then enter your postal code.
- Choose the COVID-19 vaccination clinic you want to go to.
- Tutorial for making an appointment online to get the COVID-19 vaccine : Download the document (PDF) or Watch the vidéo.
If you have difficulty making the reservation online, you can call 418 644-4545 or 1 877 644-4545 for assistance, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. An operator will help you make the online appointment.
To avoid waiting on the phone due to the high traffic, however, it is recommended that you book your appointment online. If necessary, seek help from family and friends.
The 2nd dose of COVID-19 vaccine is necessary. It provides optimal protection in the longer term. Administering the 2nd dose is important and will be offered to everyone. Although a shorter delay between the 1st and 2nd dose is accepted, public health recommends an interval of 4 weeks for the 2nd dose of Pfizer or Moderna and 8 weeks for the 2nd dose of AstraZeneca.
For some people, three doses of the COVID-19 vaccine are necessary. For further information, see the Additional dose of COVID-19 vaccine for people on dialysis or with weakened immune systems and Booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine pages.
A simplified brochure is available to help you make an informed decision regarding the vaccination against COVID-19.
A video on informed consent is also available.
Are you hesitant about getting the COVID-19 vaccine? Do you have questions about getting the COVID-19 vaccine yourself or for a loved one for whom you are the support person or legal representative? Your questions are legitimate.
Visit this web page to support your reflection and help you decide.
Go to the page Proof of COVID-19 vaccination to find out more about the digital proof of vaccination that is offered in Québec.
People vaccinated against COVID-19 outside of the Quebec region will be able to register their vaccination in the Quebec Vaccination Register and receive their next dose in Quebec, if applicable. For more information, see the page Vaccination à l’extérieur du Québec : inscription au registre de vaccination (in french only)